When something so profound as having a nervous breakdown happens (and by that I mean my sympathetic nervous system was in overdrive and had taken over my whole body) everything in your life changes. I now have a new perspective on EVERYTHING. The biggest change is my attitude towards ‘things’ and commercialization. I have developed a deep aversion to anything commercial – marketing, ads, buying things – it just seems so frugal. I used to enjoy shopping and focused on looking good, etc. I have started to regain some balance in this area and am enjoying some of the material things in life again, but am sure I will never make these things a priority again. People, experience, peace and joy are now my priorities.
So how am I going to make these things happen? I have started on a holistic journey. Here is a list of some things I am trying on (NOT all at once and in no particular order…):
- Regular appointments with a Psychiatrist
- Working with a naturopathic doctor for natural remedies
- Spending time with my family without other distractions
- Listening rather than talking
- Juicing and vegetarian / vegan diet
- Vitamin therapies – Niacin Therapy
- and now about to embark on hypnotherapy for anxiety in depression
I will do a forum post on each and why I tried it on, how it worked for me, and what I learned. I know I will struggle with the listening and not talking one, but working on it!